Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The World Is My Studio

This week we meet Christy from The World Is My Studio based in Pennsylvania. Christy is a freelance photographer and artist.

How long has your shop been open?
I just opened my shop two months ago, in January. I spent the first month getting acquainted with etsy. Then I started posting my photography in February.

How did you choose your shop name? What is your specialty and what drew you to it?
"The World Is My Studio"... is the way I see the world. Art as with beauty is subjective but it is always full of soul. I've been taking photographs in my mind all my life, capturing images, freezing moments in time. Now that I have tools and credentials, I can bring some of those moments in time to you. The world is my inspiration and my studio.

What inspired this photograph? Does this have personal significance to you?

Every one of my photographs is attached with a memory or a story. Therefore, every one of them means something to me. Of course my favorite photographs are of the ones that I love or my loved ones inspired. My Muses!

Please describe a workday in your “studio” and how you create.
Since I live in my studio, nothing is planned. I photograph spontaneously. For instance, I was walking about an old farm in NY, waiting for family to arrive. My camera and I uncovered "Untold Stories". The new series that I am currently working on. With unhurried moments and a camera... the possibilities are endless!!! You know those rare days when you have "time to kill". (I hate that expression!) I'm a born observer. I take that time and find the beauty around me and create something!

I love learning new things. And my mind is always a buzz. My shop just opened which means, you will have to stop by often, say "Hi!" and see what I've got up my sleeve. Don't be shy! I want to know what you are all about. Do you have something you want photographed? Give me an idea and I'll run with it! I dare you!

I love watching the sun come up... it always makes me feel a sense of hope and wonder. A new chance. A new way to look at things. With all the ups and downs in life, the beauty and the ugliness, we get to choose how see things.

How do you see the world?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful interview, Amazing Photographs.

Bern said...

Great interview!

PussDaddy said...

That cat's nap is so cute!

PussDaddy