Sunday, September 7, 2008

An interview with SweetBabyKins

The featured artist this week from our ACE Team is Stephanie of Sweetbabykins. Stephanie designs hair ribbons and accessories for the little princess in your life. You can find Stephanie's designs at http://sweetbabykins.etsy.com/. Here is a sampling of her artistry--(I love the puppy hair clip holder!)

Is there a story behind your shop name?
It's pet name for my youngest daughter who inspires many of my creations.


What made you decide to open your own shop?
I just love doing crafts and it's a great way to move my creative juices trying to produce items that will bring as much joy to my customers as they do to me. I love when my daughter wears one of my creations.


What is your favorite material to use?
High quality grosgrain ribbon. Every now and again I find a ribbon either of such rich color or sweet design and quality that I practically swoon. Ribbon is addictive!


What is your favorite item from your shop?
My favorite items are probably my simplest: tuxedo style baby clips. They are adorable on even the smallest of babies and have such a classic design.What are your creative inspirations? My daughters.


Are you a crafter full time or part time?
I craft part time. I create late at night or early in the mornings when no one else is awake, and occasionally on weekends.


Who encourages you to create?
My husband and older daughters. They occasionally join me.


Do you have any advice for other shop owners?
Be positive and make your own luck!

No comments: