Sunday, September 21, 2008

An Interview with Stefanie's Bownanza

Stefanie of Stefanie's Bownanza http://stefaniesbownanza.etsy.com/ is the featured artist of the week. She makes hair bows, headbands, korkers, and hair clips. If you're looking for a finishing touch for a little girl's outfit, she's got it!

Is there a story behind your shop name?
I had sat for a few days thinking about several different names for my Business/shop and I just couldn't figure out what I wanted. Then my husband said "How about Stefanie's BOWnanza"? I loved it so that's the story.

What made you decide to open your own shop?
I started selling locally and wanted to expand.

What is your favorite material to use? Grosgrain and Satin Ribbon

Talk briefly about your favorite item:
I have several favorite items. I love the Woven and Braided Headbands. I think my favorite item would have to be The Spider Korker Bows.

Are you a crafter full time or part time?
Full Time. I was only working Part Time when my business started taking off and soon I had so many orders that I couldn't keep up with working part time and running my business. So I decided to focus just on my business.

Who encourages you to create?
I would say my family. My daughter is always wanting me to make her a new Hair Bow. She won't leave the house without one in her hair!

Do you have any advice for other shop owners? Never give up.

Do you have a blog or website?
www.picturetrail.com/stefaniesbownanza

Tell me any other interesting things about yourself you'd like for me to include in your article:

I am very happy where my business is right now. I started making Hair Bows/Headbands a year and a half ago and I would of never imagined this becoming full time for me. What started out as just making Bows for my daughter has turned into a very sucessful business. I supply over 13 Boutiques right now in and out of the Unites States. I have 2 regular customers that own Boutiques in Australia that I supply all their Hair Accessories. Also a Boutique in Denmark. I sell to sellers on Etsy and Ebay who make childrens items and include my Hair Accessories with their items. Things are going great and I couldn't be happier!!

No comments: