Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Interview with StefaniD

This week's featured artist from our ACE team on Etsy is Stefani of "Frills by Stefani", aka Stefanid http://www.stefanid.etsy.com/. Stefani makes great gift items such as hairbows, quilts, custom ornaments, and unique "Celebration Stockings".

Is there a story behind your shop name?
Not really-I just like frilly things! I didn't know what I was doing with the Etsy name and now I am stuck with it! LOL!

What made you decide to open your own shop?
Customers gave me no choice! I began making things for friends and family and they started taking orders from others and it just progressed from there.

What is your favorite material to use? I am a fabric addict!

Talk briefly about your favorite item:
I am all about the Celebration Stockings! They make a perfect gift for anyone and I can fit so many things inside. Everyone looks forward to digging in their stocking at every celebration!

What are your creative inspirations?
I have never really thought about it. I live in a constant creative mode and I love bright colors-I like to create things that make myself and others smile.

Are you a crafter full time or part time?
Crafting is a part of who I am and it certainly feels like a full-time job-I currently have a regular, full-time day job but only to support my crafting habit! I use every spare moment to work on Frills, at times I can coax my family into joining me. They are a great support and don't complain too much about microwaved suppers. I plan on making the leap to full time crafting next year, I am working very hard to build Frills up enough to sustain itself-until then I have to work to support the habit!

Who encourages you to create?
My entire family! I began making small gifts for family and friends and they have constantly pushed me to keep at it since then. They know this has always been my dream and refuse to let me give up-even though I have been tempted a few times.

Do you have any advice for other shop owners?
Don't give up on doing what you love! Don't ever stop thinking of new ideas and new ways to spin old ideas.

Do you have a blog or website? http://www.frillsbystefani.com/, no blog yet-a little intimidating!!

No comments: