Sunday, November 9, 2008

Featured artist this week...um...WhatsHerName...?!

I really didn't forget her name, that's it!! The featured artist of the week is Gayle of What's Her Name, http://whatshername.etsy.com/. Gayle's mentally handicapped adult son also has a section in her shop, "Cards by Mitchell". Together, they offer a variety of gifts and accessories.

Is there a story behind your shop name?
As a "boomer" my memory is not as good as it once was, so I thought "Whatshername" was a good idea. That is the first thing that comes to mind when I'm trying to remember someone.

What made you decide to open your own shop?
I needed something of my own after giving so much to family. As a bonus, Mitchell has something of his own with his cards. He enjoys creating them and is thrilled when they sell!

Are you a crafter full time or part time?
Part time--I find time (& energy) here and there.

Do you have any advice for other shop owners?
Learn how to work the computer BEFORE you open an online shop. Hmmm, there's a story there, I'm sure!! Heh, heh!

No comments: